Post Covid 19 information and restrictions
Please, note that the consulate is currently not accepting any tourism application.
Please, note that only the following categories of travellers can lodge a visa application file.
- Family of a french citizen : spouse (married, civil union or cohabiting partner) and their children;
- Family of a citizen of the European Union or equivalent: Spouse (married, civil union or cohabiting partner) and their children, whose main residence is in France;
- Citizen of a third country who is a holder of a valid French or European residence permit or long-stay visa, who has their main residence in France (valid only if the travel abroad took place prior to 31 January 2021 or was justified by a compelling reason);
- Citizen of a third country holding a long-stay visa issued for the purpose of family reunion or reunification of refugee families, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection and stateless persons;
- Land, sea and air transport sector workers or transport service providers, including drivers of vehicles carrying goods intended for use in the territory, as well as those who are only in transit, or travelling as passengers returning to their home base or for training purposes;
- Foreign citizen working in a diplomatic or consular mission, or an international organisation with headquarters or an office in France, as well as their partner and their children;
- Traveller in transit in the international zone for less than 24 hours.
For any others informations, please check our COVID FAQ
Only Johannesburg and Cape Town centers are open for now.
CHOOSE MY VISA APPLICATION CENTER :
Note: For Namibian, Botswana and Zambian Residents please note that you
have to apply in Johannesburg.
Let us serve you with your preferred choice